[hobbit] host names not displayed in metrics report CGI

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:35:18 CEST 2006

On 8/10/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:53:31PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> >
> > >Could you try changing your menu item to point at
> > >  /hobbit-cgi/hobbit-hostgraphs.sh?pagepattern=.*
> > >and see if that changes anything?
> >
> > That worked.  Host list looks good and the script works.
>
> Sounds like Hobbit might have some problem with getting the
> cookie data right. Just for me, could you change your
> menu setting back to what it was, and in the
> ~hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbit-hostgraphs.sh add the line
>
>    echo "$HTTP_COOKIE" >/tmp/cookie.txt
>
> just before the "exec .." line ? From your browser then go to
> the hostgraphs page and send me the /tmp/cookie.txt file which
> gets generated.

This is probably irrelevant, but the hobbit-hostgraphs.cgi page is
handing out two Content-type lines:

I guess the browser uses one, and the other is displayed behind the
menu bar where it would normally be out of sight.  I only saw it
because the page loaded slowly a couple of times...

What should there be in the Host selector if there are no actual hosts
listed on the page??  I.e, going to the Metrics page from a page that
only contains sub-pages, not any actual hosts??  What I getting is an
empty host selector, just like Tom...

Ralph Mitchell