[hobbit] content tests

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 10 22:52:39 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:13:24PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Is it possible to have the results of the HTTP test as well as the CONT
> test both displayed in the http status area?
> In other words, "cont=http;http://www.foo.com/blah/;SUCCESS"

No.

The "http" status and the "cont" status are generated separately.
If you do what you suggest, you'll end up with an "http" status being
overwritten in a split second by a "cont" status. Will appear to work
fine, unless your content check fails while the http server is still
running - then you'll have a status that goes red-green-red-green...
with changes happening within a second.

> I'm not suggesting that the default be that way, I can think of many
> cases where it would be desirable to have a separate "http" and
> "content" columns. I'm just trying to have as few columns as possible :-)

Use "group-only" to remove those columns you dont want to see.