[hobbit] AIX 5.2 clientdata problem (was: Note: Hobbit 4.2 re lease planned for Thursday Aug. 1 0.)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 9 20:40:48 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 03:17:30PM +0100, Morris, Chris (Shared Services) wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Our child has failed and will not talk to us: Channel clichg, PID 27932,
> cause Bad file number

"Bad file number" ?! But that file handle was given to us just a few
lines further up in the code without any errors being flagged.

Are there any indications that any of the hobbitd_* modules have
crashed? Core files in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory, red/purple
hobbitd_something statuses on the webserver ? I think you would have
said so if there were any.

Do any of the other hobbitd modules (ie any of the other logfiles)
report anything similar ? Or is it only that one logfile?

I haven't heard about anything like this from others, so I'm reasonably
certain this is not a general problem.