status+LIFETIME in 4.2-RC-20060712

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:59:55 CEST 2006

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here...  I've got a
very simple script:

   #!/bin/sh

   COLUMN=lifetime
   COLOR=red

   MSG="All is OK"

   $BB $BBDISP "status+30 $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR `date`

   ${MSG}
   "
   exit

which is run from hobbitlaunch.cfg with this entry:

   [lifetime]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD /home/hobbit/checkouts/lifetime-test.sh
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 1m

I entered two IP addresses in the hobbitclient.cfg file:

   BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
   BBDISPLAYS="10.1.1.1   10.1.1.2"

The first address is the hobbit server where the script is running,
the other is a remote hobbit server.  Both are running the same RC
release.

What's happening is:  the RED status is received by the local server
and display.  It is not displayed on the remote server.  If I take the
+30 out of the message, both servers display the correct status.

Either I've misunderstood what's supposed to be happening, or the
remote server isn't handling the "status+N" properly.

Ralph Mitchell