[hobbit] setting up multiple servers

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:53:27 CEST 2006

On 7/21/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:40:06AM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> >
> > And on the replicated servers, I guess that I have to modify both
> > server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg and client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg with those
> > same settings ?
>
> Correct. Especially, make sure your clients are configured to send data
> to both servers.

So, it's up to the clients to send to multiple servers, and the
servers wouldn't forward anything except whatever reports they
generate about themselves??

I *may* have a problem with that in 4.2-RC-20060712.  I have some Big
Brother scripts that are running in a Big Brother environment,
reporting to two Hobbit servers - 4.1.2p1 & 4.2-RC.  Almost all of the
results get through to the RC server, but some don't.

I'm still trying to refine it to a simple test case, but at the moment
it looks like a report with "status+LIFETIME" isn't displayed on the
RC server.  If I remove the +LIFETIME value, the report *is*
displayed.  I figure I must have something wrong, because there have
to be other people using that feature... :)

Ralph Mitchell