[hobbit] Oratns

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at dpi.wa.gov.au
Thu Aug 3 02:43:16 CEST 2006

Hi Henrik

Yes, it is my experience that you only have one listener per server, and
it can handle multiple databases.
However, here, and in my previous company, they have 2 separate listener
instances when running Oracle Financials.
The database has a listener, and the applications also have a listener.
Two separate instances on two separate ports.
In the case of the one server, they have no less than 6 listener
instances running, on 6 different ports.
Configuring separate listener tests as below may be the only way to go
at this point.

Sadly, this may all be a waste of time.
I am growing weary of fighting all the politics to get Hobbit in as a
monitoring system, and am on the verge of giving up the fight.

Regards
    Vernon