[hobbit] Windows Client

Thomas tlp-bb at holme-pedersen.dk
Tue Aug 1 11:14:31 CEST 2006

This is the latest mail I have:

I publish today BBWin 0.7 (a free Big Brother Hobbit Windows client).
I know I'm late, I said it would be on last monday :-)

You can download the MSI installer of this preview from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbwin

This preview contains the new following stuffs:

* The msgs agent : it monitors the event logs. It uses match and
ignore rules with a lot of
options. Rules can be specified with EventId, Event type, Source,
LogFile and description
(perl regular expressions can be used).

* BBWin configuration auto reloading : BBWin auto reload can be set so
any change to the BBWin.cfg file
will indicate BBWin to reload its configuration without restarting the
service itself.

* bbpager : BBWin now supports bbpager feature (used with Big Brother
server, not compatible with hobbit)

* cpu improved : Cpu has been rewritten and reports now contains
process owner and priority

* Documentation: the documentation is now delivered as a chm file,
easyer to read than first my ReadMe.txt file. It will be more complete
with time. Also,
it may contains many english bad spelling. I will take english
lesssons soon but you are welcome to send me corrections :)

* Migration tools: configuration migration from bbnt to BBWin for
bbpager and msgs has been implemented