Hobbit Client, msgs, files?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Apr 27 20:20:37 CEST 2006

I am trying to get msgs and files to work and made the configuration
changes below:

client-local.cfg:

[myhost]
file:/opt/app/apache/logs/access.log
log:/opt/app/apache/logs/error-test.log:10240

hobbit-clients.cfg:

LOG /opt/app/apache/logs/error-test.log MATCH="%Segmentation Fault"
COLOR=red
FILE /opt/app/apache/logs/access.log size>2000 COLOR=red

Then I realized there are two possible reasons this may be failing.  The
first being that the above configuration is INCORRECT.  The second being
perhaps I need updated client binaries and configuration files because
my old version of the client is NOT SUPPORTED for these new columns?

Anybody out there have it working?  Did you use the current client
binaries and config files?

Server version: *Hobbit Monitor 4.2-alfa-20060416
<http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/>*
Server OS: Fedora Core 5

Client version: built August 2005
Client OS: Solaris 8