[hobbit] NCV Graph not showing up

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 26 12:15:56 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:13:59PM +0200, Maxeiner, Christian wrote:
> After that, I have added the following to my hobbitgraph.cfg:
>
> [roomtemp]
>         TITLE Server Room Temperature
>         YAXIS degrees
>         DEF:temp=roomtemp.rrd:Temperature:AVERAGE
>         LINE2:temp#FF0000:Room Temperature
>         COMMENT:\n
>         GPRINT:threads:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>         GPRINT:threads:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>         GPRINT:threads:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>         GPRINT:threads:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
>
> There is no graph showing up on status page nor on the trends page. On
> the status page there is only a link "hobbit graph ncv:roomtemp" and on
> the trends page only a link "hobbit graph roomtemp".

This points at some problem with generating the graph from the RRD,
using the definitions you've put into hobbitgraph.cfg. But your
definition looks sane enough ...

One way of debugging this is to run the hobbitgraph.sh script "by hand"
and see what error-messages show up. You do it like this (all on one
long line):

QUERY_STRING="host=voodoo.hswn.dk&service=ncv:roomtemp&graph=hourly&action=view" REQUEST_METHOD=GET SCRIPT_NAME="" REQUEST_URI="" ~hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbitgraph.sh

Replace the "host=..." with the name of your host. What does that say ?