[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 - new alfa release

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 24 23:09:35 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 03:28:25PM +0200, Dominique Frise wrote:
> >- the man page of hobbit-clients.cfg says:
> >MSGS STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS
> >     LOG logfilename pattern [color [excludepattern]]
> >- but the comments in hobbit-clients.cfg say:
> >LOG filename match-pattern [ignore-pattern] [color] [TEXT=displaytext]
> >
> >Which one is correct?

Sorry about that - the man-page was right, as I suppose you found out.

I've corrected this, and also allowed for a more readable format
"LOG logfilename MATCH=pattern IGNORE=excludepattern COLOR=color"
so you can have the parameters in random order.

> It would greatly help debugging LOG directives if this tag was supported by
> the hobbitd_client --test mode...

Got it - I've implemented this now.

> Two more ideas for the beta release
> - SunOS client
>   Here is a the df command I use in hobbitclient-sunos.sh
>
>   df -kl | egrep "^Filesystem|^/dev/|^swap" | egrep -v "/var/run|volatile|cdrom"
>
>   This one does the right job under Solaris 8/9/10 (probably 7 too)

I'll check this out.

> - All clients
>   It would be good to be able to manage the client-side modules
>   launch centraly (actually localy managed in clientlaunch.cfg)

Let me think about this.