Acking alerts without the ID

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Mon Apr 17 23:31:03 CEST 2006

I'm doing my best to persuade my group to switch from Nagios to Hobbit,
and Nagios is liked that much so it shouldn't be too hard, but I know
there is one Nagios feature they are going to complain is missing from
hobbit - the ease of acking an alert.  In Nagios you can click on any
alert and choose to ack it.

With Hobbit you have to enter the alert ID which was sent out in the
notification email. The problem with that is we have many people who
only watch the web page, or the just plain don't want to have to go to
their email to cut and paste and alert id, especially for multiple alerts.

Is there any chance that Hobbit will have a more user-friendly Ack
mechanism soon?  If anything at least the alert ID could be displayed on
the alert page, to allow it to be cut and paste from there. I don't want
them to end up using DISABLE when they should be using Acknowledge, just
because it's easier to do.