[hobbit] Antwort: [hobbit] BBWin 0.5 problem ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 6 10:39:45 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:33:02AM +0200, Hermann-Josef Beckers wrote:

> Christophe Truffier <ctruffier at pack-solutions.com> schrieb am 06.04.2006
> 09:57:12:

> >     <bbwin>
> >        <setting name="hostname" value="seth" />
> >        <setting name="timer" value="5m" />
> >        <setting name="bbdisplay" value="192.168.0.104:1984" />

> > BB-HOSTS entry:
> >
> > 192.168.0.5   seth         # BBDISPLAY BBPAGER BBNET http://seth/
> >

> Don't know if thats the problem, but you define your client as BBDISPLAY ?
> At least it differs from the bbwin.cfg entry.

I dont think that's the problem, since these settings are silently
ignored by Hobbit.

A more likely cause is some confusion in the naming. Windows systems
sometimes report using the full name (including some domain), sometimes
they just use the plain hostname.

If you change hobbitserver.cfg to have BBHGHOSTS=2, the "hobbitd" column
will show you what unknown hosts (meaning: not in the bb-hosts file) are
reporting into Hobbit.