[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 alfa release available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 5 07:50:24 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:07:19AM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:
> I was going to have a look at the logfile monitoring, but the
> client-local.cfg manpage is missing.

Two problems:
1) The client-local.cfg file appears not to be installed by the
   "make install". You'll find a default setup of this file in
   the hobbitd/etcfiles/ directory.
2) Yes, the man-page is missing.

It's pretty straight-forward. This file has some sections like this:

[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK

This gets sent off to the client, and tells it to monitor the file
/var/log/messages and send back the last max. 10 KB of data to the
Hobbit server.

The "ignore MARK" tells it to ignore the lines containing the MARK
string. This is a regular expression, so you can weed out anything you
like.

Each OS has a section in the file. You can also have sections named
by hostname - this takes priority over the OS section.

> I also miss information about the "Critical Systems"

Make sure your www/menu/menu_items.js file is updated with the new
entries from hobbitd/wwwfiles/menu/menu_items.js. There are two new
entries:
    ['Critical systems', '/hobbit-cgi/hobbit-nkview.sh'],
and
    ['Edit critical systems', '/hobbit-seccgi/hobbit-nkedit.sh'],

Then to setup the critical systems view, use the editor.