noprop tag suppresses too much

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Fri Sep 30 19:17:29 CEST 2005

I'm running an old release (4.03RC1, no less!) so this may have been
addressed since -- but I don't seem to remember seeing anything on the
list about it.

What I'm seeing is that this definition for whq-sapxisbx does indeed
prevent red from propigating up --

page test-nt-systems <H3><A HREF="notes/TestNTSys.html"><I>Test NT
Systems </I></H3>
group-compress <H3><I>NT Systems (Testing)</I></H3>
10.8.50.21      whq-intranet-d # http://whq-intranet-d.nibco.com
10.8.10.2       whq-heintzberg1  # dialup NOPROPRED:msgs ftp ssh telnet
10.8.10.30      whq-kauffmant  # dialup NOPROPRED:msgs !ftp !ssh !telnet
10.8.60.1       whq-sapxisbx  # NOPROPRED:* !ftp !ssh !telnet

It also prevents this sub-page from being red, which may also be nice.

BUT -- there is NO indication on the summary display page (all
non-green), and the 'Test NT Systems' dot on the main page is also
green.

What I need from the 'noprop' tags is to keep the background from
changing based on the host flagged, but I still need to see that there
is a problem down in the sub page; I'd like the main page to still be
green, but the dot should show red for the 'Test NT Systems'.

Is this do-able? (Or done, and I just need to upgrade?)

TIA

Tom Kauffman