[hobbit] More newbie client questions

Werner (Ext Lists) wmlist_ext at terra.com.br
Wed Sep 28 20:43:01 CEST 2005

Hi,
	Some steps you can do/try

First
=========
	Considering the client is running, it should produce a file called "msg.txt" in dir "client/tmp", whos updated every 5m (default) who should contain all the data collected by the tools run by hobbit client module. This info (from msg.txt file) is/should later sent to hobbit server.

Later:
=======
On ~server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg  add "--debug" to client worker module.
[clientdata]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=client --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/clientdata.log hobbitd_client --debug
	After a while (or to quick reload hobbitd) look at "clientdata.log" (normally at /var/log/hobbit/) to see what's showing up.

	And almost sugested (if posible) tcpdump the client<=> server connection to see if everything looks fine. Unless defaults are changed, it should be a connection on TCP/1984.

	Hope this help's.

	-wm