[hobbit] More newbie client questions

patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov
Wed Sep 28 20:42:29 CEST 2005

I'll check the BBGHOSTS="2" option; in the meantime, here's my msg.txt
file for one of the systems...

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Pat

Patrick Healy                                                  U.S.
District Court, NYWD
patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov             304 U.S. Courthouse
Voice: 716-332-1770                                      68 Court Street
FAX: 716-551-4850                                        Buffalo, NY 14202

 henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
09/28/2005 02:34 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] More newbie client questions

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:28:00PM -0400, patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov
wrote:

> I've installed the Hobbit client on my Linux systems and it works
> wonderfully.  However I have a number of Solaris 2.X servers on x86
> platforms.  The client compiles fine, and appears to be running, but
none
> of the information is being reported to the server.  I checked the
client
> names, and there aren't any exceptions listed in the hobbitd report, so
> I'm assuming they names are right.

You need
  BBGHOSTS="2"
for the bogus hostnames to show up on the hobbitd report, but let's
assume for now that you have that.

> Any idea how I can go about debugging this further?

I don't think I've ever tested the client with a Solaris/x86 box.
To begin with, go over to the client installation and see if there's
a "msg.txt" file in the ~hobbit/client/tmp/ directory. If there is,
please send me a copy of it. If not, then let's have a look at the
logfiles in the ~hobbit/client/logs/ directory.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk