[hobbit] Newbie question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Sep 27 22:54:21 CEST 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 04:46:59PM -0400, patrick_healy at nywd.uscourts.gov wrote:
> I hate to ask what appears to be such a 'newbie' question, but I'm
> stumped...
>
> I've installed hobbit on one of about a dozen servers.  I've configured
> bb-hosts correctly and can see some basic status information about each
> host.
>
> What should I install on the other hosts so that I can see cpu
> information, disk space, etc?  Do I need to install hobbit everywhere?

You need to install a client on the hosts you want to monitor.

Until quite recently, Hobbit didn't have a client - it relied on the
client package from the "Big Brother" system. However, there is now
a client package available for Hobbit - it's included with the server
source. See the README.CLIENT file in the top-level hobbit source
directory.