tru64 client bug

Scheblein, Adam adam.scheblein at marquette.edu
Tue Sep 27 16:58:53 CEST 2005

Greetings,

In the memory reporting section, the memory agent does not take into
account the filesystem caching so does not report the true memory usage.
I also ran into this problem with bb-memory.sh from deadcat and here is
the commands I used to fix this:

/usr/local/bin/top | head -n 4 | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $3}' | perl -ne
 '$b=$_; if ($b = /G\//) {s/G.+//;$a=$_*1024;print "$a"} else {s/M.+//;
print "$_"}'

Please keep in mind that sometimes Top will give the memory in MB
instead of GB.  Also where are the client information scripts stored?
For example, if I wanted to change the client backend myself, or add
more details where would I do that?

Thanks,
Adam