Custom graphs on the status page

Matti Klock matti at saffron.net
Wed Sep 21 18:34:30 CEST 2005

Is it possible to add graphs of custom tests to a status page as well as
the trends page?

I'm running a custom test (named "foo") that measures response times of
a service. So far I've managed to get a graph of foo to appear under
trends using Hobbit's NCV handler, but I'm not having any luck getting
it on foo's status page.

Here's what I have:
- custom test named "foo" that sends status messages in "sec: <time>" format
- in hobbitgraph.cfg, added a [foo] section
- in hobbitserver.cfg, added "foo=ncv" to TEST2RRD and "foo" to GRAPHS
- in hobbitserver.cfg, added NCV_foo="sec:GAUGE"

I tried adding "GRAPHS:*,foo" to the host entry in bb-hosts, as per this
message about mysqlstatus [1], but that had no effect.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matti

[1] http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/06/msg00268.html