Squashing the bugs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 21 16:18:23 CEST 2005

I've been squashing some bugs today, so there's now a fresh snapshot
available at http://www.hswn.dk/beta/

This should hopefully fix several things:

* netstat reports from the Hobbit client on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris
  should be working again. If your netstat graphs stopped updating
  and you got errors like "expected 16 data source readings (got 15)"
  then this is for You.

* I've dropped the C-ARES 1.3.0 library for now. It has some build
  problems on HP-UX that haven't been resolved yet.

Some improvements also:
* You can now configure disk checks to check if specific file-
  systems are actually mounted. E.g. if you want to make sure
  that the /export/customer/www filesystem is mounted, put
  this in your hobbit-clients.cfg:
       DISK /export/customer/www   80 95   1 -1 red
  "80 95" are the usual limits for how full it can be,
  "1 -1 red" means there must be minimum 1 such filesystem
  listed in the "df" output from the client, or the status will
  go red. (-1 is the max. limit, meaning "no limit" - this is
  if you have filesystem listed using a regular expression).

The Changes file has a long list of other changes and improvements
done since 4.1.1.

In other words, there's something to play with if you feel like
trying out the latest and greatest. Now I'll go back and re-scan
the mailinglist traffic to look at what's pending for 4.1.2.