[hobbit] Error when running on Solaris 9

sladewig sladewig at bankinfo.com
Mon Sep 19 21:29:06 CEST 2005

Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Didn't seam to work either way! I ended up lv -s from
> /usr/local/lib/xxx.so to /usr/bin.xxx.so
> Maybe sol 9 bug or missing patch.

The system loader/linker can't find your lib.
Assuming you have the .so lib in /usr/local/lib.

You can add -R to the Makefile
PCRELIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lpcre
The -R "hard code" the path to the library into the executable so env
variable will be needed. The -L told it where to find it while compiling.

Or use crle to add /usr/local/lib to system wide runtime linking
environment. See man crle. Be VERY CAREFUL with this or you will end up
booting from cdrom to repair. Be sure to include the existing library paths!

Command line:
   crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /usr/lib:/usr/lib/secure:/usr/local/lib

I usally use the latter as nowadays gcc uses a .so for all its generated
  programs and then dragging around the LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't needed.

ldd hobbitd_alert
         libpcre.so.0 =>  /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0
         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
         libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
         /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210/lib/libc_psr.so.1