[hobbit] some questions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Sep 4 22:03:00 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:33:25AM +0800, Rong-En Fan wrote:

> 1. In what situations, I need to restart something to make
>    configuration works? It's not clear to me that whether to
>    restart foo after modifying bar.cfg.

You only need to restart Hobbit if you modify the hobbitserver.cfg
file. All other configuration changes will be picked up automatically
without any restart.

> 2. According to FAQ, it says after a network test is failed,
>    it will retry every 1 minute until 30 minutes later.
>    Does the failure means red? If so, how about yellow?

"Failed" means anything that is not green: Red, yellow or
clear.

> 3. Is is possible to postpone some network tests after the
>    target machine is up for 5 minutes or so?

No.

> 4. Is it possible to generate PDF reports? I saw it on demo site
>    but it seems malfunction.

Oops, didn't mean to leave that in there. It was a completely
separate tool - nothing to do with Hobbit - that I tried using.
http://www.rustyparts.com/pdf.php if you're interested.

Hobbit doesn't generate PDF reports, but you can generate HTML
reports and use some tool to convert them to PDF; or make your
own reports from the data you get from the CSV file.