[hobbit] Error making snapshot 3/9

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Sep 3 07:59:15 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 06:30:27AM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:

>  cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -g -O -D_REENTRANT -DHPUX -I. -I/home/hobbit/sna
> pshot/include -I/usr/local/include -MT ares_getnameinfo.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/are
> s_getnameinfo.Tpo -c ares_getnameinfo.c -o ares_getnameinfo.o
> ares_getnameinfo.c: In function éappend_scopeid':
> ares_getnameinfo.c:297: error: structure has no member named ésin6_scope_id'

Interesting. It's a new C-ares library version which has some basic IPv6
support (Hobbit doesn't use it - yet), and it should also fix some of
the crashes that requires people to use --no-ares for the network tests.

Could you try building the c-ares library directly, i.e.

   mkdir sometmpdir
   cd sometmpdir
   gzip -dc /hobbit/snapshot/bbnet/c-ares-1.3.0.tar.gz | tar xf -
   cd c-ares-1.3.0
   ./configure --disable-shared
   make

If that also fails (I expect it will), then I'll file a bug report with
the c-ares developers. They'll probably ask for some of the configure
output files, so please send me the config.{status,log,h} files.