External scripts - template or how-to ?

Torben Aagaard torben.aagaard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:26:46 CEST 2005

It's me again :)
 Just installed my first hobbit server - and now I can't wait to stuff more
and more tests into the box.
 Hobbit does come with a lot of predefined tests, but I've come to the point
where I'd like to create my own external test.
 Is there a skeleton or template for ext scripts somewhere ? Or perhaps a
nice HOW-TO ?
 Poking around on the web gives me some ideas ( how to launch, use
bbhostgrep, ect. ) - but I'm sure some of you guys have allready done this.
 For instance, how do you determine if tests should be done on the
ip-addresse or the host name ?
 Thanks for your time ...
  /Torben