Paging Problem

Jeffcoat, Al Al.Jeffcoat at orhs.org
Thu Oct 20 23:16:06 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I've got paging setup and defined on my hobbit server.  It has worked in
the past, but at some point, stopped.  Is there a way to test the
sending of an alert?  I know there's a command to test the alert rules,
but is there a way to tell hobbit to send a page itself, as a test?

I know that qpage is working, it works with the qpage -i function.  The
wrapper script is working (thanks Andy France) if I manually set the
variables that it needs to execute($COLOR, $STATUS, etc), it sends a
page.  Hobbit thinks it is sending alerts based on the notications log
file, but pages are not being sent.  As a test, I have added a line to
the wrapper script that just echoes to a log file when it is executed,
but this file is still empty which tells me that it hasn't been executed
by hobbit (it has been written to during the manual testing, I emptied
the file for a fresh start).

E-mails, however, are working fine.

TIA,

Al