[hobbit] client install

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 6 22:08:00 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:59:35AM -0700, Kimberly McKinnis wrote:
> I wanted to clarify my understanding of the hobbit client. I'm back to
> evaluating Hobbit since BB (even with bbgen and a secondary BBNET
> machines) is killing a 2.4Ghz dual Xeon with 4GB RAM with its 7000
> targets. The standalone client is only for NetBSD, so when i get the
> whole package and install only the client, I can delete hobbit related
> files in /usr/local? I.e. I'm downloading it to /usr/local/ out of
> habit, using ./configure --client and after the make and make install,
> do I need anything that's left in /usr/local/hobbit, since the client
> folder goes to /home/hobbit? Just trying to eliminate extraneous stuff
> on the machine. Thanks!

The only directory that the Hobbit client uses when it runs is the
one you specify during configuration:

   Where do you want the Hobbit installation [/home/hobbit] ?

So if you setup the Hobbit user with home-directory /home/hobbit
and used that (the default value) when configuring the client,
then you do not need any of the files in /usr/local.