[hobbit] Disk monitoring and alerts

Whilding, Craig Craig_Whilding at mentor.com
Wed Nov 30 17:59:26 CET 2005

On a similar note to this, I've just been looking at monitoring certain
processes or services which will need a different alert to others on the
same box. I don't want to have to write separate scripts to monitor each
service as the clients already check the status of each, I was just
wondering if it was possible server side to split the alerting of each
proc/service or allow the check to be redirected to another page.

An example of what I mean is that we check the virus scanner is running
on all systems but don't care about this as much as if our clearcase
server processes stopped working.

Thanks,

Craig Whilding