[hobbit] poll period

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 30 07:38:39 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 06:18:34PM -0500, Bill Perez wrote:

> I upgraded to Hobbit a few months ago and really happy with it.  I have a
> question regarding the polling interval and why it always says 0 seconds
> when unreachable for 1 poll period.  I have increased my fping to -r6 and
> thought the poll period be higher.

When Hobbit says "unreachable for 1 poll period" that is 1 cycle of
running the Hobbit network tests, which typically runs ever 5 minutes.
So "1 poll" means it just turned red (0 minutes ago), "2 polls" is
"5 minutes ago", etc.

> Is there a change that has to be made in hobbitlaunch.cfg to increase
> the poll period?

If you mean how long fping waits for a response, that is controlled via
the FPING setting in hobbitserver.cfg where you can add the relevant
fping options.

If you want to change the interval between running all of the network
tests, look at the INTERVAL setting in hobbitlaunch.cfg for the [bbnet]
task.