[hobbit] Question on Alert Notifications

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Wed Nov 23 19:55:35 CET 2005

OR you could use SCRIPT feature for alert and there you could have
something like this

echo "${BBALPHAMSG}" | mailx -s "[$ACKCODE] $BBHOSTSVC CRITICAL (RED)" $RCPT

This way you are not getting rid of 'Hobbit' word from everywhere and
why would you do that anyway? It actually is easier to filter all the
email with 'Hobbit' and save it on a separate folder. And if you are a
windows user, with Google Desktop, you can later search for all 'Hobbit' alerts
and specific hostname or may be service name in 1 hundredth of a sec.

I know NOTICE type alerts will still have the 'Hobbit' word if you go
this way.

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu