memory larrd problems

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Nov 21 12:08:36 CET 2005

Hi,

the problem with the RRD updating error, that I and several other people
are having, doesn't seem to be resolved. My larrd-data.log is filling up
with the following messages:

2005-11-21 11:59:54 RRD error updating
/data1/hobbit/data/rrd/<hobbit.client.ip>/memory.swap.rrd from
123.45.67.89: illegal attempt to update using time 1132570794 when last
update time is 1132570794 (minimum one second step)

Now I waded through the hobbit source code and found out that both
the do_la.c and the do_memory.c call the function do_memory_rrd_update.
So if the first update occurs, everything is fine, but when the second
update occurs, the rrd must complain about the same update time.
Is this causing the error?

Regards,
Dirk