[hobbit] bandwidth usage in bytes on Linux

Jesper Johnson jesper.johnson at welho.com
Thu Nov 10 20:20:56 CET 2005

Thanks for the fast replies.

I noticed the MRTG support, but like some of you mentioned, setting up MRTG is a bit too
much for polling just a few values that can be fetched with existing lightweight tools.

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> But perhaps there should be a completely separate set of RRD files, with
> one graph per network interface ?

I support this idea (with bytes/sec values). Having a different graph for each interface
(instead of the current global stats) is necessary for monitoring multi-nic servers that
run different services on different nics...

Is implementing this into hobbit a lot of work or is there a possibility we'll be enjoying
this new feature before 2006? :-)

Last but not least a big thank you to Henrik for hobbit. Found out about this project a
few days ago... it's great!

-J