[hobbit] hobbitclient, disk and AIX

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Thu Nov 10 09:55:47 CET 2005

Andy France a écrit :
> I'm working my way through a small rollout of hobbitclient on some AIX 5.3
> boxen to replace the BB client.
>
> At present, I am having some issues with disk alerts, especially for NFS
> mounted drives.
>
> As Henrik probably noticed, AIX is nice enough to *not* include the option
> for specifying file system types in it's df command.  Well... it does in
> the sysv version but that won't let you get the results in kb :-)  So if I
> get a full disk on the NFS server, all the NFS clients let me know about it
> too!

Hi

you can install GNU coreutils
(ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox/RPMS/ppc/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.1-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm),
they provide some useful GNU commands like df :

$ /usr/linux/bin/df --help
[...]
  -l, --local           limit listing to local filesystems
[...]

I'm using this with BB clients on AIX :

DF="/usr/linux/bin/df -h -l"

Frédéric Mangeant