Web page to subscribe to Hobbit email alerts

Maschino, Shawn (GE Advanced Materials) Shawn.Maschino at ge.com
Wed Nov 9 22:46:04 CET 2005

            Hello follow Hobbit admins (hobmins?).  I'm fairly new to
the list but have been running Hobbit for a while now.  I've had a
request come to me to put a web page together to let people register for
getting Hobbit email alerts.  It would just need to allow someone to
select a server (or servers), the tests they want alerts for, and then
enter their email address.  When they submit the form it would
automatically add a line in hobbit-alerts.cfg so they would get the
alerts.

It wouldn't need to be anything fancy, or support unsubscribing to
alerts (although that would be nice). Before I tried my hand at hacking
together something to do this I thought I'd check if anyone here has
something already since it seemed like this probably has come up for
someone before.  I took a look at the code for the Enable/Disable alerts
cgi page and thought I may be able to use that as a starting point, but
if anyone here has already done something like this and wouldn't mind
sharing it would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Shawn Maschino
Technical Services - Server Operations
GE Plastics
shawn.maschino at ge.com