Another suggestion: Can configure script be non-interactive ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 20:05:33 CEST 2005

Interactive configure is good for beginner but not good for automation.
Please consider modify the script to allow non-interactive configuration.
Following is my partial auto configure shell script. I like to take out
trick like

<<_EOT_
_EOT_

if possible.

BTW, the configure script of hobbit is much better than  BB's.

tj

<snip>
rm -f Makefile
MANROOT=/opt/hobbit/man \
BBVAR=/var/opt/hobbit/data \
SECURECGIDIR=/etc/opt/apacheS2048/cgi-secure \
CGIDIR=/etc/opt/apacheS2048/cgi-bin BBUSER=hobbit TARGET=hobbit ./configure
\
--rrdinclude /opt/rrdtool10/include \
--rrdlib /opt/rrdtool10/lib \
--pcreinclude /opt/libpcre44/include \
--pcrelib /opt/libpcre44/lib \
--sslinclude /opt/libopenssl097/include \
--ssllib /opt/libopenssl097/lib \
--ldapinclude /opt/openldap2127/include \
--ldaplib /opt/openldap2127/lib \
--fping /opt/fping22/sbin/fping <<_EOT_
_EOT_

T.J. Yang