hobbit documentation and packaging projects

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 17:47:44 CEST 2005

Hi, there

In the long run (before I died ;), I plan to migrate my bb system monitoring
environment to hobbit given its open-source license and availability of
cookit provides commercial support.

Following items that need to be done and I am willing to help on

1. Digitalize the hobbit compilation and packaging  process for different
Unixen.
    So we don't need keep answering how to compile hobbit on ??? platform
issues.

2. Set up a hobbit wiki page/book  (on mediawiki ?)
    I like mediawiki because there is a command line client in perl to
   automate the wikipage update.

3. Prepare the hobbit document in docbook format ?
    The docbook format is the final resting place of hobbit wiki.
    So we can generate pdf and rtf  easily.

I have experience on above three tasks, just need to hear a few voices to
tell me to jump on these tasks ;)

Seriouslly, please follow up this thead to let me know your comment.
Should I spend the efforts on these tasks ? Are you willing to help etc...

T.J. Yang