[hobbit] Question -> external scripts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 23 23:18:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 05:02:36PM +0200, Alexander.Sprotte at eventim.de wrote:

> I have 3 very small questions:
>
> 1.	I use the mailq.sh ( I have add the requests keyword) script
> from deadcat.net but the LARRD graph will only shown 3 request on the
> queue but there are 203 reported form the script.
> Mon May 23 16:40:01 CEST 2005, 203 requests
> If the status change to 200 requests, the LAARD will report 3 Mails on
> Queue... :-( is 3 the max on this graph?

Let's just say that the mailq parsing was broken, shall we ?
It should work better with this patch:
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/mailqrrd.patch

> 2.	I'm looking for an external vmstat script like this:
>
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOSTSVC=www,sslug,dk.vmstat&
> IP=130.228.2.150&DISPLAYNAME=www.sslug.dk

It's the vmstat bottom-feeder from LARRD that provides data for this.
Often they are sent as "data" messages so you don't get a separate
column for the vmstat info - it's just an extra graph that shows up
on the "trends" page. The www.sslug.dk host sends them as a "status"
message, so they are a genuine column on the webpage.

> 3.	There is another webside than deadcat.net for Hobbit or BB
> scripts?

I think deadcat is the *the* site for BB stuff. There aren't really
any Hobbit-specific scripts yet, so this hasn't been an issue yet -
if needed, I'll come up with something. Probably some extra section off
the Sourceforge webpages.