[hobbit] Vmstat data for IRIX systems

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 23 16:11:12 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 05:47:18PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > Something like the attached patch should do it (I think it applies to
> > 4.03rc2). It assumes your IRIX hosts have a BBOSTYPE that begins with
> > "irix".
>

> Yes, that's it. Indeed I never bothered trying to find whether vmstat
> could be used on IRIX..:-)
>
> I'll probably wait for official releases...if you plan to include this
> (not sure as this may be considered somewhat specific to my setup).

I've included it in 4.0.3, but with a warning that it may change. If
vmstat does work on IRIX, I'd prefer to use those data since they are
probably a bit more detailed than what you get from sar.

It would also be nice if you could show me what the "netstat -s" output
looks like - then Hobbit would be able to track these data as well for
IRIX.

> In fact, I have decided to stay with official Hobbit releases on the
> server, now...and just use the Debian packages you provide (and, yes,
> I remember I said I would look at it...:-)).

I know how you feel ...