[hobbit] Alert Config Issues

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 23 07:52:51 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 03:49:41PM +1200, Andy France wrote:
> I am getting some dead.letter issues as it seems hobbit is mis-reading my
> alert config... either that or I have laid out my hobbit-alerts.cfg file
> badly!
[snip]
> I'm starting to suspect it is to do with the order of the arguments, or
> maybe whitespace issues.  Or, God forbid, oddball control characters which
> have somehow ended up in the file.

I think this last explanation is one you should check. The piece of your
hobbit-alerts.cfg file that you included in the message had some hex
0xA0 characters in them - I don't know if they were added by your e-mail
client, but if they are in the file I can understand why it would behave
the way it does.

Try running "od -cx hobbit-alerts.cfg" and see if you have some of those
0xA0 characters in the file.