Feature suggestion?

Gee Pee peter.welter at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:29:44 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've heard from a Nagios(?)-feature that I would like to see in (a
future) Hobbit release very much, alerting based on dependies. Let me
explain why:

Suppose two red conditions:

1-a disk failure (hardware error) -> support rep A is warned

2-an application failure on that particular disk -> support rep B is
warned

but...

It's no use alerting support rep B while that disk is still
unavailable. You would like to be warned after the disk has recovered
or replaced. Than error 1 will be green again, but it is possible that
test 2 still has errors. So I would like to set up a sort of dependancy
between test 2 and 1. Alert me for the application, but the disk must
be useable (status green).

Will this be possible some day?

Peter Welter