purple recovery

Sue Bauer-Lee sblee at tazmania.org
Mon May 9 20:28:39 CEST 2005

Please help clear up a few things for me.

I setup Hobbit Monitor only to find out that Hobbit coulnd't get a
netowrk response from a couple of systems. The networking issues have been
resolved in that the server itself can get a ping/fping connectivity response
from an interface that it's monitoring but Hobbit still reports that the
interface is unreachable and thus remains purple.

	System unreachable for 553 poll periods (173239 seconds)

		yet

/usr/sbin/fping 192.168.200.145
192.168.200.145 is alive

Speaking of connectivity, have I misunderstood the difference between
"noping" and "noconn"? It seems that if I set "noconn", I still get pages yet
"noping" produces the empty white circles and no more alerts.