[hobbit] Alert code showing up as zero - 'Hobbit [0] sac-pdbs-01.mydomain.com:cpu warning (YELLOW)'

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat May 7 17:52:41 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:11:37AM -0700, Brian Lynch wrote:
> I may be missing a config step here... I am getting alerts that show up with
> zero for the numeric code. At the same time, I get the standard numeric
> code. See the examples below.
>
> Hobbit [0] sac-pdbs-01.mydomain.com:cpu warning (YELLOW)
> Hobbit [831423] monitor.mydomain.com:hobbitd warning (YELLOW)
> Hobbit [924556] monitor.mydomain.com:bbgen warning (YELLOW)

Those numbers are not service-codes, unless this is from some script
you've created for alerting - they are alert cookies, the number you use
for acknowledging an alert.

It's quite allright - albeit unusual, but it depends on the random()
number generator in your system library - for the cookie to be zero.