Help with nopropred (I think)

Terry Barnes TBARNES1 at hfhs.org
Fri May 6 05:15:19 CEST 2005

I have Hobbit's bb.html page displaying just a list of other pages
organized by OS platform. On a few of these pages we have production and
non-production servers listed. In our environment - the non-production
servers are deemed basically as important as the production servers
since many highly visible and much highly politcally oriented
development work and production support work is done.

Now, i have been requested to separate the non-production servers from
the production servers, placing them on a subpage of the productions
servers page. No problem there - just a page tag and it is done. The
other part of this, and what I am having trouble understanding how to
do, is to prevent propagation of non-green events to the parent page
where the production servers ar listed. We still generate alerts, pages,
etc. for problems on the non-production pages, but I can't seem to find
a way to prevent the non-green alerts for all tests on the non-prod
subpages from propagting upward. Even if every single non-prod server
went up in smoke, the production page should remain green (assuming
there are no production problems).

It seems I can alter the propagation status either globally or for a
single test at a time, but there are hundreds of tests being done on the
non-production systems and disabling all of them individually would
really clutter up the bb-hosts file. Mosts of the tests are being done
with bb client and are not even listed in Hobbit's bb-hosts file.

Thanks for any help!

Terry Barnes
Siemens Com @ HFHS
248-853-4968 (Office)
586-405-8382 (Cellular)
248-844-3030 (Fax)
5864058382 at messaging.nextel.com (Text Pager)
tbarnes1 at hfhs.org

HFHS CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by replying in an email to the sender, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies of the email you printed.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. These risks are described in our Privacy Policy at http://henryford.com.  Review that policy carefully before continuing to communicate with us by e-mail. For greater Internet security, our policy describes the Henry Ford MyHealth electronic communication process - you may register at http://henryford.com.  If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.