[hobbit] vmstat

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 5 23:24:14 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 05:15:47PM -0400, Kevin.Hanrahan at novainfo.com wrote:
> My mistake, allow me to rephrase...I can run the vmstat command on my
> solaris boxes but I never get anything to show up on Hobbit - larrd graphs
> OR numeric data...

Hobbit picks up vmstat info from the LARRD "bottom-feeder" module that
runs as part of the BB client. So you must have the BB client installed
on those boxes, and the client-side part of LARRD as a BB add-on.

LARRD normally uses BB "data" messages; these are picked up by Hobbit's
[larrddata] task, but they never trigger a column display on the Hobbit
webpage ("data" messages are intended for stuff that doesn't have any
green/red status associated with it).