[hobbit] Where do I put the documentation/help for user-written tests?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 2 23:03:41 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 03:31:59PM -0500, Kauffman, Tom wrote:
> This used to go in $BBHOME/www/notes -- but hobbit is returning "No
> match".

Uhm, no - they used to go in $BBHOME/www/help/ actually. That should
still work, I believe, but the COLUMNDOCURL setting in hobbitserver.cfg
overrides it and makes it point to the /hobbit-cgi/hobbitcolumn.sh CGI
script.

> OK, I found it under $HOBBITHOME/server/etc in columndoc.csv. Now --
> we've a couple of in-house generated tests documented in
> www/notes/<test>.html -- among other things, these docs include urls to
> recovery documentation. I'm not real comfortable with trying to shoehorn
> this into a common csv file.
>
> Suggestions?

Change the hobbitcolumn.sh CGI script. It's passed only one parameter in
the QUERY_STRING environment - the name of the column. So you could do
something like

#!/bin/sh

QS="${QUERY_STRING}"

if [ -f /usr/local/hobbit/server/www/help/$QS.html ]; then
   echo "Content-type: text/html"
   echo ""
   cat /usr/local/hobbit/server/www/help/$QS.html
else
   QUERY_STRING="db=columndoc.csv&key=${QS}"
   export QUERY_STRING

   exec /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/bb-csvinfo.cgi  \
      --env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg \
           --color=purple --hffile=columndoc
fi