[hobbit] some larrd issues on hobbit 4.0.3 rc1

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon May 2 18:45:23 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:58:35AM -0500, Kauffman, Tom wrote:
> IIRC, the vmstat graphs were among the very first items to be set up in
> larrd, and he was learning rrd at the time. Now don't hold your breath,
> but I will pass the conversion tool along to you whenever I get it
> working.

I've dug into the RRDtool docs, and it *should* be possible to work
around this in Hobbit, by passing an extra option to the rrd_update
routine telling it what data is being provided in what sequence, and
have it figure out how to shuffle things around.

It just doesn't work ...

Whether that's due to my testing with RRDtool 1.2.x or a bug in my code
remains to be determined.

> It's just not going to be all that high on my list. This is the
> year we swap out virtually every AIX system we've got because the lease
> is up, and the fun starts early next month.

Well, it wasn't high on my list either, so I'm not complaining :-)