[hobbit] hobbit-mailack - found docs!

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 28 11:15:55 CEST 2005

In <s2477615.085 at hfhs.org> "Terry Barnes" <TBARNES1 at hfhs.org> writes:

>Well - I couldn't find a link to hobbit-mailack anywhere , but manually
>enetered url and got it. One question - there is info for setting up
>with procmail or qmail, can it be setup with just postfix alone via
>entries in /etc/aliases? I would prefer not having to install procmail
>if I can avoid it and also don;t want to interfere with mailman running
>on same box.

I suppose it can - the only requirement for hobbit-mailack is that you
can run it with the mail message being fed on stdin (i.e. as a pipe).
I'm don't have any hands-on experience with Postfix, so I cannot help
beyond that - but if you do figure out how to do it, I'll be happy to
include the description in the docs.

>ps. the web-page acks still not working for me - also wondering what is
>up with that.

Does it work if you run the command

 ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdack COOKIE MINUTES TEXT"

where COOKIE is the cookie from the notification mail you got ?