[hobbit] purple-conn

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Mar 27 08:42:31 CEST 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:09:13PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> I saw in the hobbitd section of hobbitlaunch.cfg file an option
> --purple-conn=conn. What is that mean? I did a man on hobbitd and I did
> not see any such option. I am using RC6

That option has been removed, so if you still have it in
hobbitlaunch.cfg you should remove it (it did exist until about
RC3 or so).

It was related to the way client-side tests do/do not go purple. The
way it works now is that if the status defined by the PINGCOLUMN is
red (i.e. the host is down), then the other tests do not go purple
even though they expire - they go "clear" (no data) instead.