[hobbit] BB and Hobbit on same server

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 23 23:38:50 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:14:35PM -0800, Bob Gordon wrote:
> > One solution is to setup your BB to handle the incoming data on port
> > 1984, and then define the BBRELAY option in your bb-hosts file to make
> > BB copy all incoming messages to Hobbit. You can add
> > "BBRELAY:127.0.0.2" and then have Hobbit listen on the 127.0.0.2 IP by
> > adding "--listen=127.0.0.2:1984" to the hobbitd command in
> > hobbitlaunch.cfg.
>
> > The other solution involves using the bbproxy utility from bbgen or
> > Hobbit to receive the incoming messages, and then have bbproxy forward
> > them to both BB and Hobbit, either listening on another IP-address or
> > port-number.
>
> Would I need to disable the conn, ssh and other tests or can each run
> thier own without interfering with each other?

You would have to disable one of the network testers - either BB's
bb-network.sh script, or Hobbit's [bbnet] task.

And make sure your hobbitserver.cfg config has BBDISP set to
"127.0.0.2" (the IP you use for the hobbitd daemon), since you
probably do not want to send the info- and larrd-column status
messages that Hobbit generates off to your BB server.