[hobbit] different vmstat profile

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Mar 22 18:13:34 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 03:39:24PM +0100, Marco Avvisano wrote:

>  On my bb-larrd installation i have defined in vmstat-larrd 3
>  different redhat profiles.

*sigh* why do they keep changing this ...

>  It's possible to include it for default ?

They already are, just with some other names than yours.

>   redhat => {  cpu_r    => 0,

This one is what is currently in Hobbit as "debian3". It's the old
Linux layout based on Linux 2.2.x kernels.

>         RedhatAS => {  cpu_r    => 0,

This one is what is currently in Hobbit as "linux", or "redhat" or
"debian" or "suse" or "mandrake". It's the Linux layout based on Linux
2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels, i.e. most current Linux distros use this.

>           RedhatES => { cpu_r    => 0,

This one is what is currently in Hobbit a "rhel3". It's identical to
the normal "linux" layout, except that the cpu_wait and cpu_idle
columns are swapped. AFAIK, only Red Hat uses this.

I have no problem in adding "RedhatAS" and "RedhatES" as aliases for
"linux" and "rhel3", respectively. And I've done that now. But the Red
Hat one stays as-is, i.e. it's for a Linux system with the 2.4
kernels, not the 2.2 ones.

The only graph that is affected by this is "vmstat", BTW.