[hobbit] "disk1" graphs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 17 22:28:56 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 02:03:27PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> BB (by default?) displays 2 disks graphs, the first one (disk) shows the
> percentage used, and the other (disk1) shows the actual total used in
> megabytes of each partition.  How do I activate the disk1 graph?
[snip]

> I assume that part of the answer is adding a disk1 entry to
> hobbitgraph.cfg

Right, and this is the part that would make the graphs work with the
URL you tried. This definition should do it:

[disk1]
        FNPATTERN disk(.*).rrd
        TITLE Disk Utilization
        YAXIS Used
        DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:used:AVERAGE
        LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
        -u 100
        -l 0
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

> 1. How do I add the disk1 graph so it is shown in addition to the normal
> disk graph when you click a disk service?

Right now you cannot do that. The status-report webpage only shows one
graph, and you cannot configure which one. Sorry ...

> 2. How do I add the disk1 graph so that it is displayed in the trends
> section?

LARRDS is used to figure out how a status report is parsed to extract
the RRD data; GRAPHS is used to decide which graphs show up on the
"trends" page. So you'll want to add it to the GRAPHS setting.